Walking through a Farmers Market in the early part of the day is an experience like no other. Surrounded by fresh produce, food, and in some cases, live entertainment enlivens anyone. We’re going to begin our list of Charleston Area Farmers Markets with a VERY popular one, and that is the Charleston Farmers Market.
1. Charleston Farmers Market. Location: Marion Square, 329 Meeting Street, Charleston, SC 29403. Time: Every Saturday from 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM. Running April 13th – November 30th, 2019 and during the Holiday Market: December 7, 8, 14, 15, 21 & 22.
The Charleston Farmers Market was founded in 1989. This particular Farmer's Market has won multiple awards over the years such as in 2005, the Three Sisters Award from the Charleston Save the City Committee. In 2008, the Charleston Farmers Market was ranked as one of the top “10 Best Farmers Markets in the Nation” by Travel & Leisure Magazine and in the Charleston City Paper the Reader’s Poll, “Best of,” the Charleston Farmers Market was named “Best Outdoor Event” for 2010, 2011, 2012 and named “Best Outdoor Event” and “Best Attraction” for 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018!! Phew!! That’s a lot of recognition, right?! So, this is why this particular Farmer’s Market is on the top of our list!!
The Charleston Farmers Market is open every Saturday and runs from April through the end of November. Additional markets are held on Sundays during the Piccolo Spoleto Festival in May and June as well as Saturdays and Sundays in December for the Holiday Market. You’ll discover local Lowcountry farmers, growers, prepared/packaged food, artisans, crafters, live performers, and community groups and activities. There’s an abundance of local produce, plants, herbs, and cut flowers as well as breakfast and lunch vendors, live entertainment and an assortment of juried arts and crafts from local artisans.
Not only are the locals drawn to this specific Farmers Market, but the tourists are as well. There’s a community connection that brings people together from all parts of the Lowcountry and beyond. Believe us when we tell you this is one Farmers Market you won’t want to miss!!
Now we’ll continue with a simple list of additional Farmers Markets you may wish to check out.
1. The Workshop – 1503 King Street, Charleston, SC – Every Saturday from 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM (Year-Round – Indoor)
2. Lowcountry Farmer’s Market at Tanger Outlets – 4840 Tanger Outlet Blvd, North Charleston, SC 29418 – Every Saturday at 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM (March 16th – December 29th, 2019)
3. West Ashley Farmer’s Market – Ackerman Park, 55 Sycamore Avenue, West Ashley, SC – Every Wednesday from 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM
4. Hanahan Farmer’s Market – 1601 Eagle Landing Blvd, Hanahan, SC – Thursdays from 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM
5. Folly Beach Farmer’s Market – Folly River Park, Folly Beach, SC – Every Monday from 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM
6. John’s Island Farmer’s Market – 2024 Academy Road, John’s Island, SC – Every Saturday year-round from 9:30 AM – 1:30 PM
7. James Island Sunday Brunch Farmer’s Market – 1977 Maybank Highway (Behind The Pour House), James Island, SC – Every Sunday from 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
8. Isle of Palms Farmer’s Market – 1 14th Avenue, Isle of Palms, South Carolina 29451 – Every Thursday from 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM
9. James Island Farmers Market – The Town Market on James Island – 871 Fort Johnson Rd (The James Island Youth Soccer Club Fields) Year-round – Every Saturday 9:00 AM -1:00 PM
10. Daniel Island Farmer’s Market – Seven Farms Drive (In Front of Volvo Cup Arena) – Every Thursday with a morning and afternoon market. Morning Market runs from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM and the Afternoon Market runs from 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM through August 31st.
11. Mount Pleasant Farmer’s Market – Farmers Market Pavilion, 645 Coleman Boulevard (Moultrie Middle School), Mount Pleasant, SC – Every Tuesday from 3:30 PM to 7:00 PM
12. North Charleston Farmer’s Market – Felix C Davis Community Center, 4800 Park Circle, North Charleston, SC – Every Thursday from 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM
13. Sullivan’s Island Farmer’s Market – J. Marshall Stith Park (2050 Middle Street)) – Every Thursday from 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM – April 4th – June 27th
Find Your Place in the Lowcountry With Team Lail-Chambers Real Estate
When you live in Charleston, SC, you can visit any of these Farmers Markets anytime you’d like! Are you ready to make a move down South? Call Team Lail-Chambers to begin your home search today. Our experienced agents have the local knowledge to help guide you through the entire real estate process with ease. From the first point of contact through closing and beyond, we will be there to answer questions and keep you informed every step of the way. Browse through all available listings and contact an agent today. We can’t wait to welcome you home!