A lot of people will hunker down and make Thanksgiving dinner at their homes, but some people will make reservations to experience Thanksgiving in the Lowcountry! We thought if you are the type to dine out on this holiday then maybe you’d like some fresh suggestions on where to make those reservations! Let’s take a stroll through 10 options for your dining pleasure this Thanksgiving!
1. Poogan’s Porch – This would be like a home away from home environment for dining. The restaurant is located in a historic Victorian house and is a perfect spot for gathering on Thanksgiving. Did you know that there is a “haunted” dining room that has been restored to its Victorian roots? It’s true or so we are told. Anyway, gather your friends and family and enjoy your holiday at Poogan’s Porch. Make reservations.
Location: 72 Queen St., Charleston SC 29401
2. Hank’s Seafood Restaurant – Hank’s Seafood Restaurant is known for its welcoming and warm ambiance as well as being Charleston’s classic Fish House. They even have a Thanksgiving menu! Make reservations.
Location: 10 Hayne St., Charleston, SC 29401
3. 5Church – Charleston – Popular spot for Thanksgiving as there are limited spots remaining as we write this blog so make those reservations quickly! They are offering a three-course menu with traditional Thanksgiving options. $50 per guest. $20 children 12 and under. Make reservations.
Location: 32 N. Market St., Charleston, SC 29401
Location: 224 King St., Charleston, SC 29401
5. Blossom – Enjoy Thanksgiving specials such as “Slow Roasted Turkey with mashed potatoes, green beans, stuffing, gravy, cranberry or Braised Beef Short Ribs with mashed potatoes, green beans, stuffing, short ribs jus” and more! Something for everyone including the traditionalist or the more adventurous. Make reservations.
Location: 171 E. Bay St., Charleston, SC 29401
6. Magnolias – Magnolias offers the traditional Thanksgiving experience that the whole family will enjoy. They even offer a vegetarian loaf for those who choose to be meat-free. Make reservations.
Location: 185 E. Bay St., Charleston, SC 29401
7. The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island – Enjoy a lavish ballroom feast as well as catching the football action at the Players’ Pub. No reason to miss out on football because you are dining out! The Sanctuary also offers both a Children’s Thanksgiving Buffet in the adjacent Heron room while the adults enjoy the brand buffet in the ballroom. Make reservations.
Location: 1 Sanctuary Beach Dr., Johns Island, SC 29455
8. Poogan’s Smokehouse – Maybe you don’t want a traditional Thanksgiving menu. Then Poogan’s Smokehouse might be calling your name. Enjoy barbecue plates, fried, chicken, and elevated Southern fare. Make reservations.
Location: 188 E. Bay St., Charleston, SC 29401
9. Halls Chophouse – Craving a steak instead of turkey this Thanksgiving? Then give Halls Chophouse a try. They will also offer turkey to those craving a more traditional flair. Make reservations.
Location: 434 King St., Charleston, SC 29403
10. The Watch Rooftop Kitchen and Spirits – Excellent place to go for cocktails and Southern-accented New American fare. Located at the top of a very chic hotel. Make reservations.
Location: 79 Wentworth St., Charleston, SC 29401
So, we’ve listed 10 local restaurants where you can experience Thanksgiving in the Lowcountry. Let us know what your favorite dining spot is for Thanksgiving and please remember if you’d like to lay down your roots in the Lowcountry, please consider giving Infinity Realty a call. Our staff has the knowledge and experience to guide you to a place that meets your needs and desires. We are happy to assist you in deciding on the best place for you. Contact us today! We are ready and waiting to help you find your perfect home!